Get ready for STUDIO SUNDAYS with Raising Artists!
Raising Artists promotes meaningful artistic experiences that encourage creativity which allows children to follow their imaginations, passions, creative purpose, critical think, and explore self-expression. Our incredible Studio Sunday program has shown evidence in helping children learn to channel their feelings, take pride in their strengths, have the confidence to use their voice, and hone their artistic talents.
During our one-hour program, we’ll introduce your budding artist to all manner of artistic mediums, including crafting, drawing, painting, mixed media, sculpting, using a variety of different materials, to create unique masterpieces to take home!
Times + Ages
- 9:00 – 10:00 am – Age 4 – 6
- 10:30 – 11:30 am – Age 2.5 – 3.5
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm – Ages 4 – 6
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm – Ages 7 +
Q: If my child is 3 years old can they register for the 4 – 6 year old Studio Workshop?
A: We strongly advise against it. We set a realistic expectation for your child, and are looking for them to hit a creative milestones and goals, this is why we bunch children in particular age groups, in order to ensure success. If your child is not the required age when they start their art program, please register them for the correct age group.
- Address: 73 Pinewood Ave.
- We are located in the heart of the Humewood–Cedarvale community in mid-town Toronto.
Dates + Workshop Types
- Our unique model incorporates the inquiry-based learning model, The Reggio Emilia Approach, and Process Art through our innovative student centred curriculums in visual arts education.
- Length: 1 Hour
- DOW: Sundays
- Fall Term Starts: September 17
- Fall Term Ends: November 5, 2023
- Weeks: 8
- Winter Term: TBA
- Number of Children per workshop: 4 – 8
- Number of Art Teachers per workshop: 2 – 3
- The unique model we have developed incorporates the inquiry-based learning model, The Reggio Emilia Approach, and Process Art through our innovative curriculums in visual arts education. We have also pulled aspects right from The Ontario Art Curriculum, to enhance their overall education.
- What do you teach?
We will teach your children the fundamental skills, and techniques that will set them up on a path to develop the foundation of their artistic journey.
- What materials do you use?
We use materials such as acrylic, watercolour and tempura paint, gouache, clay, Sumi ink, graphite, pastels ( oil and chalk ), charcoal, markers, ink pens, and coloured pencils. We sculpt, use clay, college, and craft with an abundance of materials.
- If you have anymore questions about the creative exploration that will be happening in the studio over the Fall Term, please send us an email at email@example.com or read the FAQ.
- How do I secure my spot?
Payments must be made on the website in order to insure your child’s spot.
- How many Teachers attend the Studio Sunday Workshops?
2 – 3
- Please read more about our team: https://www.raisingartists.ca/theteam/
- What are the qualifications of your staff?
All our staff have professional training, experience, and Degrees in Early Childhood Education, Child Psychology, Visual Arts, Fine Arts, and/or Art History.
- Do all your staff have Vulnerable Sector Checks?Yes, all staff must obtain a background check in order to teach, volunteer or work at Raising Artists.
- If my child is 3 year old can they register for the 4 – 6 year old Studio Workshop:
We strongly advise against it. We set a realistic expectation for your child, and are looking for them to hit a creative milestones and goals, this is why we bunch children in particular age groups, in order to ensure success. If your child is not the required age when they start their art program, please register them for the correct age group.
We are honoured you have chosen Raising Artists, and intrusted us with your child, and their creativity. We are happy to answer any and all questions you have about your child’s creative growth, our program and so forth. We have developed such beautiful relationships with our clients, and we intend to keep that up. No question is to small, or silly, so please always ask!
- For more information: https://www.raisingartists.ca/faq/