“Creating Innovators: It’s the making of young people who will change the world.”
– Tony Wagner, Harvard Professor
The Raising Artists team has developed a virtual innovative and educational visual arts program specifically for primary students across the GTA.
Our virtual classroom workshops use Visual Arts to help children develop self-awareness, critical thinking, visual literacy, and problem-solving skills. Each workshop is a 90 minute interactive virtual ( zoom ) class with a live art teacher on the other end of the screen!
Our curriculum-based approach works hand-in-hand with the Ministry expectations of The Ontario Curriculum for The Arts, we are a Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB) approved Professional Partners, and inspired fully by the Reggio Emilia Approach. Students will receive an introduction to Art History, and learn about colour theory while exploring the creative process. We dip into Science, Maths and Measurement, Engineering and it’s strong relationship to the arts.
Our team provides you, the Educators with all of the necessary art supplies, worksheets, and the Zoom link. All materials are included in the virtual workshop fee, eliminating the need for extra invoicing and budget approvals.
These are some of our more popular topics…
- Painting Cubism Portraits like Pablo Picasso
- Painting “The Starry Night” like Vincent Van Gogh
- Splatter Painting like Jackson Pollock ( recommended for outdoors )
- Pastel Art “Water Lilies” like Claude Monet
- Paper-Machine Sculptures like Henry Moore
- Sculpting with Moulding Clay like Michelangelo
- Painting Perspective like Paul Klee
- Stipple Painting like George Seurat
- Collage with Card Stock like Matisse
- And many, many more…
Delivery included in Toronto